Wednesday 8 April 2015

My Take on Classic Fighters

I had waited impatiently for the day to finally arrive and head off to Omaka. The weather on Sunday was slightly disappointing with low cloud everywhere. It made photography a challenge but the show was superb with a large number of aircraft that I had not seen before.

 
MX2, ZK-MXT

Nanchang CJ-6a formation

Pair of Yak 3's ZK-YYY & ZK-VVS

 BF 108 Taifun ZK-WFI

Beechcraft Staggerwing VH-UXP

Spitfire heaven!

Frendship ZK-POH

Pitts S12 ZK-PTS

Fokker swarm

Roaring 40's Harvards
 
TVAL's latest creation, Fokker D.Va piloted by Kermit Weeks
 
The Anson's poppy drop

2 comments:

  1. It looks to me as if Kermit Weeks is flying the Albatross?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He certainly was, anon. A friend and I got to talk with him briefly, a) he said the Albatros had a very sweet-running engine, and 2) he loved coming to Omaka and really enjoyed the show.

    ReplyDelete